Problems That Come with Aging by Age Calculator
According to Age Calculator team experts – As we age, we go through a lot of changes which not only occur on the outside but also on the inside. The changes in our body happen in all the cells, tissues, organs and surely the functioning of the bodily systems get affected too. Getting older can bring a lot of health challenges but if you are aware of such common chronic conditions, you can do well for your life. Therefore old age is considered a period of physical decline says Age Calculator experts.
Let us understand the major areas which show the age-related changes.
Old Age Problems are following:-
- Eyes and Ears –A40 years of an individual is still considered a middle-aged person but do you know that at this age the eyesight starts getting weaker. When a person reaches the age of 60 years, cataracts and macular degeneration develop. The ability to hear also declines as a person ages.
- Skin – as a person ages, his/her skin loosens and becomes dry, thinner and also loses the fat. Wrinkles become visible and so the aging spots such as blemishes. The Elastin Protein in the skin starts wearing off as a person ages. As a matter of fact, the people who are active smokers and who work under the direct sunlight tend to get under the age quickly as compared to the others.
- Dental – Tooth decay is the most common problem which comes with aging. With old age, teeth are lost and eventually, jaw becomes smaller.Over a period of time, the enamel which protects and covers the teeth decay due to aging. Plaque builds up and gum diseases become rampant which leads to gingivitis. This problem, in turn, causes problems to the tissues, gums, and bones that are there to support the teeth. The dentist generally provides the old people with dentures.
- Urogenital – People in the old age are not able to hold the urine like they were able to do so in early days. This problem is called Incontinence. Also, other problems which cause incontinence is infections and constipation. People with the age group of 65 and above have the problem of mild leaking or uncontrollable wetting.
- Joints – The joints and the bones which bear the most weight of the body also get worn off as you age. The density of bones decreases and in some cases they can break easily. The inflammation around joints and bones, pain and stiffness must not be taken for granted as they could be the reasons for problems such as arthritis or osteoporosis.
- Brain – Memory of a person takes a bigger hit. Sometimes people become forgetful and be more confused. But this could be the beginning of Alzheimer’s disease. The brain is the most important part of the body and thus any kind of impairment will always be harmful to the entire function of the living being.
- Digestion – The gastric problems increase with age. Heartburn and constipation become common and the metabolism of the body becomes slower. People also tend to suffer from diabetes type II, stroke and heart problems.
The various problems that are quite common in old age are explained under:-
- Arthritis – People with more than 65 years of age suffer from this disorder. It is very painful and it is known to lower the quality of life. The seniors are really discouraged from being active but only a healthy diet plan, as well as a personalized plan for activities and regular medication, can help maintain the health of people belonging to an old age.
- Cardiovascular disease – High blood pressure, as well as the high cholesterol levels, lead to a lot of cardiovascular diseases such as stroke, heart disease, and many others. Only a balanced healthy diet, as well as some activity during the day, can help immensely.
- Cancer – Majority of the deaths are due to cancer in old age. The most common cancer types are skin cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer and breast cancer. People moving towards the old age generally do not care good care for themselves due to which they are not able to realize the onset of cancer.
- Respiratory problems – in old age, people are prone to many respiratory diseases as well such as Asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, and other infections. This vulnerability to the diseases can lead to major health problems due to which it is better to have medications on time as well as getting the tests regularly so that the quality of life could be improved.
- Alzheimer’s disease – Probably the most common but the only challenge is that it is difficult to diagnose as many people are living with it. However, the disorders related to cognitive impairment can put a burden later and could be a safety issue.
- Osteoporosis – it happens due to low bone mass. In the old age, the bones also tend to get weak and do not take the stress of our bodies so they start deteriorating. The movement of these patients is restricted as any fall could lead to fracture.
- Diabetes – Another very common disease that people suffer from in old age. The blood sugar levels increase and it results in the plethora of complications for the body. The sooner the diagnosis the sooner the treatment should be done.
To conclude, we can say that old age is something that people cannot avoid. But the only way to escape it is taking really good care of oneself. Be active and have the balanced and healthy diet. It is better to live a healthy life rather than living a life where the movement of the body is restricted and there are restrictions on eating your favorite food.Meet your doctor at regular intervals and make sure that you make good choices.